Knock Knock English schools are growing,
therefore, yes, we are hiring!
Knock Knock English is a small school with a single branch located in Tokyo, Setagaya-ku. If you are looking for a workplace that is more like a family and community than a corporation, then we are for you! You will have the opportunity to assist with curriculum development, materials design, and creating new programs. You must be a team player, but also be willing to take some initiative and work on your own.
We are an eikaiwa with the majority of our students between 2-12 years old and class sizes of six students max. Additionally, we offer many other programs, including: Mommy and Me baby classes (5 mo-2 years old), a full-day preschool course (2-5 year olds), offsite preschool lessons in Kawasaki/Yokohama, and a newly redesigned adult program. Please mention any relevant experience you have in these areas. We have our own easy-to-use curriculum, so there is minimal preparation required for classes.
Our school is the birthplace of Super Simple Learning, a globally recognized leader in Early Childhood Education materials. Familiarity with their materials and/or using music and movement in the classroom is a big bonus. Please see the Super Simple Learning website and YouTube channel for a peek at some of our teaching techniques.
We are looking for just the right person to join our team. If you think it might be you, please send a recent photo, resume/CV and cover letter to kkejobs@KnockKnockEnglish.com
Please do not send applications and inquiries through our Knock Knock English Contact Form. Applications sent through the website will not be considered.
Interviews will be held at our school in Tokyo, or via Google Hangout/Skype video, if needed.
Due to the large number of applications we get, we will only contact applicants deemed suitable for an interview. This is not an entry-level job and positions are extremely competitive. Having numerous years of ESL teaching experience or being multicultural will not be enough to warrant an interview.
- Part-time, 20-30 hours per week
- Tuesday - Saturday availability given preference
- Typical hours 10:00-19:00 3 or 4 days a week (although some days may have earlier start times or later finish times)
- Sunday special event attendance required four times in the year (Spring Picnic, Summer Party, Halloween Party and Christmas Party). You will be compensated for working these days.
- Native English speaker (K-12 education in an English speaking country)
(We're sorry, but applications from non-native speakers will not be considered.)
- University degree at a Bachelor's level or higher
- ESL/EFL classroom experience
- Great attitude, passion, commitment, and strong communication skills
- Music and movement familiarity
- Flexibility with scheduling
- Setagaya-ku - 3 minutes walk from Chitose-funabashi station on the Odakyu line
- Possible travel to Kawasaki, Kanagawa or Yokohama
- 1,700-2,100 yen/hour upon completion of training
- Transportation allowance
- as soon as possible